Wednesday, May 30, 2012

THIS IS NOT A PROTEST POST

blood red

 

“I can’t believe the news today

I can’t close my eyes and make it go away.

How long, how long must we sing this song?

How long, how long?”

This has been my song before private time the last two days.  How long, I ask myself, how long must I suffer through the embarrassment, internal pain and frustration.  As long as they want you to comes the answer. I’m with you, I’m all you need.  Just fight my fight-remember-I’m behind you.

Wonderful thoughts and feelings,however I’m ready for some action-but that’s my selfishness, pride and feelings of revenge. Patience, obedience, trust and belief is what I need to have on my heart, mind and soul- not the other.

Recently, some of the things I have been showing/teaching the boys has come from my scouting experience.  Since I have made my mistake with them, I no longer associate myself with them.  We have decided to let the boys make their own decisions on this, which so far has been not to attend.  I love scouting, I feel it teaches boys so many important aspects of life which is part of the reason why I feel so frustrated and angry over this entire episode.

“And the battle’s just begun,

There’s many lost, but tell me who has won?”

I know I have had a few parents tell me they won’t have their child involved because of how I am being treated, but I tell them I appreciate it but your child is missing out, my boys are, fewer numbers attending scout functions isn’t good.  It looks bad on the current and former leadership.  Many have lost, but tell me who has won?

Perhaps the new leadership feels that they have, if so, that’s great.  But in order to win, there must be a contest….and I’ll tell you this, there has not been a move on my part yet.

Nothing has happened yet, lawyers are still posturing for which one is more important.  It’s true, in every court case I have been involved with when it comes time for the trial or hearing, each (different) attorney has been putting together note cards of what was googled that morning.  Sorry if I offend anyone who is or is related to anyone in the legal profession but this is my blog and my opinion so Thpppppppppt!  But to quote Paul again, “But I won’t heed the battle call, It puts my back up, puts my back up against the wall”.

Well, I don’t know if I have hit that wall yet, but the spidey senses sure are tingling.

“And it’s true we are immune

When fact is fiction and TV reality

And today the millions cry

We eat and drink while tomorrow they die”

I think a majority are immune to what is fact or fiction.  And don’t give a damn about it because it doesn’t affect their little circle.  As long as their kids are doing well in school, wearing the right clothes, the house isn’t falling down and the car is still fairly new-life is pretty good.

We eat and drink in our own little world that revolves around us, not how our world revolves around Christ or his teachings, but around US and it’s all that matters.  It could be your neighbor, it could be a child in Africa, in Dallas, wherever-they may starve tonight.  What about the men and women in uniform? Not those in just the Armed Services, but those patrolling our streets, fighting our fires and so on, think they don’t face any danger?  But it’s too depressing to think about that- I’d rather look at my adorable niece posing in her dance recital outfit (I’d like to show you too, darling child, and so smart…).

“The real battle’s just begun

To claim the victory that Jesus had won

on

Sunday, bloody Sunday

Sunday, bloody Sunday”

No comments: