Thursday, June 7, 2012

Time To Wake Up

Jesus, Jesus help me

I’m alone in this world

And a fucked up world it is too”

Anybody else have that go through their head from time to time? It doesn’t seem like you can get out of bed without either hurting or something going wrong.  You just say, this world is messed up man, nothing I do helps anything out, It just makes more of a problem for me to clean up. 

Recently, I have been busting my butt at work trying to have things so simple that as long as a person can read, my job doesn’t have to be done by just me.  Reason for doing so? Well, I may not work their forever, new people are getting additional responsibility titles maybe not work, but titles anyway.  Many reasons, hopefully someone can show me a better more efficient way to get things accomplished.  Plus, it’s just good business in my opinion.

So, in re-writing my job duties, I have found that I have actually freed up more time and been able to use different approaches for various tasks.  Now, I introduces one of the newly titled to a job that is going to be theirs-no, I don’t want to do that I’m told.  So I accomplish the task, and tell the boss how so and so doesn’t want to do their job.  My boss asks if the job was done, he doesn’t have a problem. Well, that sets me back a bit.  What’s the point of promoting if they aren’t going to work.  The other “titled” is quite good at finding other busy work jobs that they just so happen to have started.

Now I’m not asking for hand holding and Kumbayaya being sung, just do the job you were given.  Let me work on things that I haven’t had time to really get into.  Thankfully I’m an insomniac, but I am working on that.

It’s not just work- neighbors can’t get along and are demanding companies to fix things that can be fixed in 20 minutes.  Promises can’t be kept between individuals who call each other friends.  It’s actually a big deal if someone can do a job without having to be told 5 times and then asked to come and do it again.  Try to remember leaving a business with a smile on your face because you had a pleasant shopping experience.

So where does Jesus fit into all this?  Can’t expect everyone to believe and live in His way can we?  Well in my mind, I say yes, but realistically-no.  Perhaps though, we can pay it forward.  We can take a negative situation and turn it into a positive and maybe, just maybe it will be continued.  Just think of it….people actually doing their job (well) that they were hired to do.  Crazy!!!

One of the discussions we have at work is that we need a revolution in the government.  That we need someone to come in and just say that they are in control and this is how it’s going to be-like it or lump it!  Of course, I’m on the side of by the people, for the people and that our current leadership is pretty good.  Minority, I know, but still.  What if though, we had a religious revolution? Nothing like the Crusades or anything, but something that would make people think.

Last year, our good friend Scott Osborn made a valiant effort in doing so.  Organizing the twister concert, arts festival and so on brought a lot of people together for one purpose.  What if this was done in the name of God for changing the world.

Maybe we should just work on ourselves instead of the world.  I know my own life is complicated enough without trying to get the world running the way I think it should.

Your Father, He made the world in seven

He’s in charge of Heaven

Will you put a word in for me?”

So let’s challenge ourselves, say a prayer to Jesus for Him to put a word in for you with God and see how you can affect those around you.  We talk about little things that have been done in IRON MEN, so it’s possible.  We just need more getting involved.

Personally, I know that I am leaving notes around to be found.  Hopefully they will be bring a smile or a tear, but most importantly I want them to bring up a thought, not a remembrance, but a thought. 

Thinking leads to many many other things.  One of which is Love.

No comments: